This weekend was Easter weekend and I was scheduled to go up to San Fran to see Salton's parents and brother. You know... the family deal. Well, anyway, I won't get into what exactly happened down here in San Diego, but it just didn't work out and I wasn't able to go. I kept thinking that if he were here, plans would have gone much better. I've really come to rely on that extra help. He would have made sure everything was taken care of so that we could go.
At least the flight wasn't wasted. I discovered that Southwest loves its customers. At the last minute... the night before my flight was scheduled to leave, I canceled it and actually got the full amount I spent as a credit to a future flight. Great news, considering I still didn't have a flight up to San Fran yet for July 4.
The 4th is super special to Salton and I - it's one of our "anniversaries." Not a wedding anniversary, but the anniversary of when I knew without a doubt I had to be with him. I won't bore you with the story... just take my word for it. It's an awesome time for us.
This year, I'll spend it where we spent our first 4th together. Only, I'll be sans-Salton. Not ideal, but hey, since my Easter flight was postponed until July, this time I'll get Easter and the 4th all in one.
How's that for a silver lining?
No comments:
Post a Comment