Monday, June 27, 2011

Screaming Banshee!

AAAAH!!!!!  I got a picture!

The whole thing is, I have been begging Salton to take some pictures while he's out.  Of anything really - birds, the ship, ports, signs, a rock - I didn't care.  I just wanted to feel like I was experiencing some of the same things he was.  I've never been to these places.  Sure, I've been on the ship, but not while it was out of the country.  I wanted so badly to just feel like a part of this whole thing.  So having pictures would have been the only way and he just would not take any, ever.

Today, I actually got pictures of all sorts of random things.  Dozens of ordinary pictures and then... him.  It was him!  A picture of my husband!  I haven't seen even a picture of him since deployment started (wait, I lie... one time we tried to Skype but that failed miserably).  I screamed like a banshee.  I'm surprised no one called the police.  God, it was so nice to see his face.  And he looks so good, despite that funny sailor tan from wearing his uniform all the time.

I can't get over this.  This is seriously amazing.

Now that I'm really reading this, I almost want to laugh.  Anyone that hasn't been through this is probably not going to know the extent of my excitement about this one, single picture of my husband and two others in a bar, drinking, with a major tan line... in the shirt I bought him.  He looked better than I even thought he would.  Better than any picture I already had of him.  Better than he did in my memories.

He's been working out.  Oh god, I look like a fat-ass compared to him.  I'm going to have to do something about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment