I'm probably going to be a little blunt in this post, so if you're one of my fellow navy wives... there's your warning.
There are certain things that Facebook friends don't want to know, shouldn't know, or don't care about. Your total state of depression is one of those things. If you're posting every hour or two about how much you miss your husband, how lonely you are, how much "the waiting game sucks ass btw :((( " then you've got a serious problem and probably need more help than facebookers can provide. Get a job maybe. Take a class. Get up off your ass and go for a walk. Find some friends. Get a dog. Basically, grow some balls of independence and self-reliance.
Some tips from me to you: If you're so depressed about being alone, don't count down the days or even weeks until your husband returns from deployment; it will only make it seem longer and each day will drag on. Don't curl up by your lonely self and eat a whole cake (I kid you not, these are all real life examples). And most of all don't watch The Notebook! Any woman with common sense knows that movie will have you sobbing like a baby even on your best days.
There are certain things that Facebook friends don't want to know, shouldn't know, or don't care about. Your total state of depression is one of those things. If you're posting every hour or two about how much you miss your husband, how lonely you are, how much "the waiting game sucks ass btw :((( " then you've got a serious problem and probably need more help than facebookers can provide. Get a job maybe. Take a class. Get up off your ass and go for a walk. Find some friends. Get a dog. Basically, grow some balls of independence and self-reliance.
Some tips from me to you: If you're so depressed about being alone, don't count down the days or even weeks until your husband returns from deployment; it will only make it seem longer and each day will drag on. Don't curl up by your lonely self and eat a whole cake (I kid you not, these are all real life examples). And most of all don't watch The Notebook! Any woman with common sense knows that movie will have you sobbing like a baby even on your best days.
We've got several months to go, so if your feelings of negativity, abandonment, resentment, spite, anger, loneliness, sadness, etc are already getting so bad that they are all you can talk about on facebook... dear god, I don't think you'll make it past the third month without a "/wrists" status update.
I've found that being upset over the things you can not control, only seem to make the things you CAN control that much worse. So, find something to laugh about, even if you're laughing at yourself. I laugh at myself all the time. It's not hard... I say and do some really dopey things...it's just my nature, being blonde and all. Also, your husband is out in the middle of the ocean, or who knows where, so try to make it a little less about "you." He knows you are probably not the happiest camper right now, but there's nothing he can legally do about it. Sending sad, whiney emails or letters to him are not going to make him, or you, feel any better about the situation. Be supportive, make him laugh... he'll love you more for that than any "omg why did u leave, i hate the navy, blaaah" messages you send.
Sure, we all get sad and miss our sailors, and it's perfectly fine to vent. But we need to make sure those negative feelings don't consume us, or the people around us. Don't think that just because my facebook posts are generally goofy like "pimpin aint easy," that it means I don't miss my husband or love him as much as the next woman. I'm just trying to bring a little laughter into others' lives instead of sadness.
Positivity is key. Instead of thinking about him being gone or leaving you, keep in mind that he will come back. He's not gone forever. He's safe and in good hands. And meanwhile, you get to burp and fart and forget to do your hair or your makeup.. and do other non-lady-like things that would otherwise make you seem very unattractive to him if he were here. I didn't shower Saturday and I sat around all day in the same clothes I slept in. It was fun! Enjoy it while you can sisters! They'll be back before you know it.
Pro: The nifty little "Hide posts by this user" feature on facebook means I don't have to see those frequent complainers complaining
Con: I will have less to write in my blog about :D
No comments:
Post a Comment